I’ve always been a bit wary of cleanses. I do like the idea of being really thoughtful about what’s going in your body and kind of cleansing your system, however I’ve heard stories of just straight misery on cleanses and I felt like I don’t have the time to be miserable!
But then along came an email from the people at Kaeng Raeng. A few things appealed to me about this cleanse.
- Kaeng Raeng is vegan, all natural, made in California with ingredients sourced from California.
- There are different levels to suit your needs: beginner, veteran and master.
- There are varying days 3-6 days, they suggest 3 days for beginners aka ME.
- YOU CAN EAT! You drink the Kaeng Raeng drinks 3 times a day for meal replacements but you can ALSO have raw fruit and vegetables throughout your day.
- IT’S AFFORDABLE! My cleanse would only cost $69.
So in the spirit of Fall Into Good Habits and after reading all these things I decided to try the beginner 3 day cleanse by Kaeng Raeng.
When I first received the Kaeng Raeng cleanse I was a little perplexed because it was a powder! I thought how could it be all natural and a powder!? Well the reason why this cleanse is a powder is because most of the ingredients are freeze dried fruits including: frozen dried mangoes, peaches, pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, banana, strawberries, raspberries.
The Kaeng Reang beginner 3-day cleanse has 3 flavors of drinks: Juu Juu “into the blue”-blueberry, blackberry, banana; Glai Roong “daybreak”-mango, peach, pineapple; Reunn “joyful” strawberry, raspberry, pineapple.
Day 1 was rough for me. I went for a run then I made the Juu Juu drink in the morning taking one of the recipes recommended for beginners from the Kaeng Raeng site. So my drink was the Juu Juu powder plus some fresh blueberries, a banana and some ice cubes thrown into the blender. I drank a bit at home and put the rest in my Kaeng Raeng thermos and ran off to work. I am a coffee in the morning kinda’ girl and not having the stimulant I usually do really effected me a couple of hours into work, I did feel suuuuper tired-but I did not give in!
I kept my Kaeng Raeng thermos in the fridge kind of nursing my Juu Juu drink I had made that morning. I brought a Kaeng Raeng drink pack to work for lunch, but I actually didn’t use it. I still had half my Juu Juu drink from the morning at lunch time so I drank that and and nibbled on some fruits. I drank the Glai Roong drink pack in the evening adding a few slices of fresh mango and strawberries and ice, along with eating some fresh fruits and veggies at home. SLEPT LIKE A BABY. BEST SLEEP EVER.
Day 2 I woke up feeling loads better and more alert. Pretty much the same process as day 1 except I started with Reunn drink adding strawberries, blueberries and ice. This was not a recipe from the Kaeng Raeng site, I just took the liberty of adding things I thought would go well with the flavors in the drink pack. I did get a little tired by midday but, not nearly as the ton of bricks feeling I had on day 1. Again, I brought another pack to work and again I didn’t use it. Drank the Glai Roong drink pack for dinner and went to bed. SLEPT LIKE A BABY. BEST SLEEP EVER.
Day 3 arrived and I couldn’t really believe I was already done! It felt like I had just gotten started! Of course if you had asked me on day 1, I would not have told you that but by day 3, I was in the groove and feeling great. SLEPT LIKE A BABY. BEST SLEEP EVER.
- I had a lots of energy.
- My skin looked amazing, I kind of marveled at it.
- I never got better rest. I’m notorious for having trouble sleeping, I sleep suuuuper late pretty much every night but on Kaeng Raeng, I would hit the pillow and fall straight to sleep. And the quality of sleep felt so much better too!
- MY FAVORITE after effect from Kaeng Raeng is I craaaave vegetation. I’m typically a craving carbs person, but hand on heart after the cleanse all I wanted to do was eat vegetables and fruit.
Would I do the Kaeng Raeng Cleanse again, absolutely! While tough on the first day, it felt very worth it and at the end of day 3 it felt like it was no trouble at all. Here are some tips if you’re going to take on the Kaeng Raeng Cleanse.
- Mix with a blender! Because the powder is made of fruit it’s pretty dense and a spoon did not do the trick for me to dissolve into the liquid.
- Add some ice and fruits into the Kaeng Raeng drinks. The drinks themselves are not bad tasting to me, but they are difficult to drink without some help because of the granular powder formula. Adding fruit and ice goes along way here with giving the drinks better texture and flavor.
- If you’re a coffee drinker, have some water with lemon in the morning to start the day and then grab some oranges! I know from running that oranges do great with energizing you when you get into a lull, and they really helped me during the moments on the cleanse when I needed a little wake me up!
So friends, have you ever thought of doing a cleanse? I think if you’re a beginner cleanser like me, Kaeng Raeng is a great start. It really did help me fall into the good habit of eating more veggies and I hope that’s something that stays with me…till my next cleanse!
Disclosure: I received a product or products in order to write my review. All opinions are mine and mine alone. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255 concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. Please read my full disclosures here.