The amazing colors of the sky, Iceland’s hour long sunsets, and the incredibly diverse terrain makes Iceland a real wonder to me and definitely the uniquest place I’ve traveled.
Iceland’s beautiful terrain is not all that made this trip special…the people I got to meet there are THE JAM. Icelanders have a really deep reverence for their land that I really admire. The land is something to respect and share so all these beautiful wonders are open to the public and there for everyone to enjoy.
Plus Icelanders are just fun and welcoming and very easy…we got along great :).
- The language is so untouched that it’s really true Nordic, so if an Icelandic person were to pick up an ancient 300 year old Danish text they could read it.
- After a deep deep economic collapse Icelanders made their whole government resign and wrote a new constitution that included banning corporate fraud .
- There’s no military.
- If you are a native Icelander you would never buy an Icelandic sweater it must be knitted for you and gifted.
- Vikings did not have horns on their helmet.
- Belief in fairies, elves, gnomes and trolls all stem from a real respect for nature which is beautiful.
- 81% of the electricity in Iceland is geo-thermal and hydro powered. Iceland is one of the very very few places that use 100% renewable energy.
- Obviously, Icelanders are among the happiest people in the world.
If you ever get to go to Iceland friends, shoot me a line I would love to give you the names of all the fun places I went to and all the interesting places I have YET to go to!