So friends, I’ve gone a little lipstick crazy. Yes, it’s a super commitment to wear lipstick all day and it takes a bit of getting used to, but I love love love the look and adding a dash of color on my lips really makes me feel a little bolder and braver no matter what I’m wearing.
A couple of things to take into consideration, lips are not made the same. My lips have kind of a natural deep mauve color, so changes the tone of the shade of lipstick a bit as yours will too. So for your reference here is me au naturel.
Tarte’s Glamazon™ Pure Performance 12-Hour: Lipstick-Bold Coral
Tarte is a great cruelty free brand made in the U.S.A. Glamazon Pure Performance is Tarte’s first long lasting lipstick, it is clay-infused and has rich butters like mango, avocado and shea for for moisturizing.
The Not So Great…
- This lipstick is definitely long lasting, but not 12 hours. A good 5 hours if you’re not doing too much, but it does come off on drinks and things.
- The lipstick is a little on the creamy and soft side. So it kind of smushes if you put it on directly. I usually apply a couple of heavy spots in the center of my lips then spread with my fingertips because the color also goes on too thick straight from the stick…I’m looking into ethical lipstick brush.
- The colors are really beautiful in this Tarte line I was really overwhelmed with the choices.
- I like the way this formula feels it’s really light. I tend to completely forget I’m wearing it!
- The colors are also true to wear. Again I have a deep lip color, so a lot of colors don’t hold up against them, but this one does a great job and I don’t have to over apply.
- Although it is a matte lipstick and it’s long lasting it doesn’t feel like cakey, it feels very natural.
***BOTTOM LINE: I Will definitely buy again****
The color is just too perfect and it performs really really well.
Radiant Cosmetics Moisturizing Lipstick: Strawberry Fields
I’ve written all about this do good brand before you can read more about them in my previous post HERE with interview with founder Nicole Marett, but Radiant Cosmetics donate a generous amount to causes that fight against human slavery and that is a very important cause for me. Also a cruelty free brand made in the U.S.
The Not So Good…
- It feels a tad like lipstick. There is that slight lipstick mouth feel and taste.
- This had a tendency to bleed on me, so definitely wear a lip-liner.
- The color is so awesomely saturated. I LOVE THAT.
- While it is lipsticky, it is also very rich and moisturizing.
- A solid stick of lipstick you can apply straight from the bottle.
***BOTTOM LINE: I love this line, of course I would buy again! ***
A little obvious maybe…this is already my 2nd shade :).
ZuZu Luxe Lips: Dollhouse Pink
ZUZU Luxe definitely gets BEST in formula. I adore the way this lipstick goes on. I am not so 100% on the color I chose but I picked this lipstick up at Wholefoods and there was a limited selection at that time and Dollhouse Pink seemed fun and cotton candy like and very different for me so I thought what the heck.
ZUZU Luxe is another cruelty free brand, also gluten free all natural made in the U.S.
The Not So Good…
- I think my color selection was not so good. I kind of borderline love it because it’s a little off, but I’m not sold.
- I love love love this formula. It is perfect, please don’t ever change. Feels GREAT on.
- Super super moisturizing.
- Another solid lipstick you can apply right from the bottle, perfect balance of smooth glide on and firm lipstick.
***BOTTOM LINE! Yes, yes, yes, would definitely buy again***
I don’t know about the ZUZU Luxe Baby Doll Pink for me, but I am really already deciding what color I want to try next from them and I am excited :).
Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint: Spirited
So we’ve come to my dude’s favorite color. I kind of love that he picked a shade that I wouldn’t guess he’d pick, but after lipstick trials were over I asked him which he liked the best and he said, “The orange one!”.
This another lip product by Tarte (told you I’m a fan) and it’s a great one. For me 2nd best formula next to ZUZU Luxe.
The Not So Good…
- Although it’s marked a tint it definitely goes on like a lipstick so that’s a bit misleading.
- Tarte’s LipSurgence Lip Tint goes on like a dream, nice and smooth :).
- You can really temper or pump up the color depending on your mood. So apply as generously as you feel bold.
- No need to sharpen this pencil it works like a lipstick.
- Perfect to apply straight from the package.
***BOTTOM LINE!!! Definitely definitely buying again!***
Tarte also has a Matte version of the LipSurgence line that I’m dying to try!
So what do you think friends?!?! Do you have any ethical lipsticks you’d like to recommend?!
Please let me know what you think about that ZUZU’s Dollhouse Pink color on me! I’m still on the fence about it.