I rarely, rarely go out in a real way, but I made an exception for my dear friend Danielle, tumblr and Internet Week .
(shirt-asos; skirt-thrifted; shoes-target; all jewelry gifted)
How cute is tumblr’s old school graphic?! So charming.
And the Sky Terrace at the Hudson Hotel is just goooorgeous. On a warm summer New York night it felt like vacation.
Here’s me with some extra pretty and sweet sweet peeps.
So friends, do you tumble?! I tumble and highly recommend you get yourself an account!
For PURE Pleasure: These are the reasons I love tumblr for sheer fun.
- Browsing: Because tumblr allows for high resolution imagery and puts them in a dashboard that is faster to load than say your google reader, if you are in the mood to look at photography, illustrations, fashion, gifs, or anything really visually oriented, it is beautiful on tumblr and super fast and easy to browse.
- Searching: You can search by tag to find an image of what you’re looking for. For example, I type in “DIY STUDS” in the search bar (it has a little magnifying glass) and voilá:
Blogger friends: I find it a great way to find and share inspiration. Here are some reasons why I love it.
- Easy Share: You can set up your posts to feed into your twitter making sharing image inspirations super simple.
- Active Users: Tumblr is incredibly viral. I find users to be super active in reblogging (users reposting on their tumblr blogs) & liking posts. For example I posted the Mardi Gras mani I shared with you (here) from Emerald Sparkled and this was the response:
- Microblogging Made Simple: It is really easy to manage multiple tumblr blogs so potentially you could post inspirations or interests by subject which I find really appealing.
- Keeping Active: You can queue posts. I find a sea of inspiration when browsing through tumblr, so I often queue my posts over 12 hours opposed to posting them right that second- this keeps me active on twitter and active on tumblr without being glued to my computer.
- It is EASY to Post: I love when things are made super simple and tumblr has a button for your browser that makes it super easy to post or queue awesome randomness you find while browsing the internet.
Once you install the button to your browser (it will say “Share on Tumblr”) click on it when you happen on something you want to post on your tumblr blog and you will get this little pop-up:
If my little ode to tumblr has inspired you to get an account I have some recommended reading for you to get a little tumblr 101.
- How to Geek: “Create a Beautiful and Easy to Use Blog With Tumblr“
- Rusty Sarcasm: “Explanation of Tumblr” Part 1 and Part 2. It’s not complicated! Tumblr did a revamp to their site so Heather as an awesomely thorough blogger did a Part 2.
You can check made-to-travel tumblr right HERE.
Let me know if you decide to join or have a tumblr blog already! I’d love to take a peek.
(NOTE: I use my tumblr blog as a microblogging platform opposed to a traditional blogging platform i.e. wordpress or blogger. There are blogs that solely live on tumblr but I’m not super familiar with the benefits or adept at how long format blogging is done here.)