(photo via Lana Red Studio)
Hi friends! In honor of St. Patrick’s day I thought I would do a New Uses for Old Things green –as in plants!–edition. I’m super excited about all the green I see sprouting in New York right now and obsessed with my new sweet little balcony :), so great time to talk DIY planters!
- Disco Ball Planter by a Bubbly Life -SO CUTE! Especially love it in this pink disco ball situation. Will definitely be looking for teeny disco balls or even better, regular sized disco balls to make this gem!
- Air Plant Hanger by Gathered Cheer – Love how minimally modern this is. Easy to make with an old towel rod or maybe even some plumbing parts
- DIY Wall Planter by Lana Red Studio: Such a clever and easy diy that just takes a trip to a home and garden store!
- DIY Woven Hanging Planters by Fall for DIY: So so pretty and a great way to use extra yarn you might have in your scraps.
- Rope Hanging Planters by Enjoy It: This looks like the classic hanging planters, so happy I know how to make them now!
- Hanging Vase DIY by ABM: I’ve had this project pinned forever!! I find it so pretty and it’s so easy to score vases at your local Goodwill or Salvation army!
- Dino Planters by High Walls: How adorable! Steel your nieces and nephews toys for this one :).
- T-Shirt Planter by Walk in Love: BRILLIANT! Reuse t-shirts to make this gorgeous hanging planter!
- Fabric Planter by Design Sponge: I love the simplicity in this and while it requires a sewing machine the directions are super easy and basic enough for a real beginner to follow!
- Scrap Fabric Hanging Planters by Lobster and Swan: Jeska used scrap fabric to make a bunch of beautiful hanging planters, just adore this lovely lace one.
- DIY Lampshade Plant Stand by The MerryThought: In a million years I would never think to take an old used lampshade and make it into a plant stand! People are so great!
- Hanging Rope Planters by Style Me Pretty: This is the easier version of using up your yarn! It takes the short cut by using glue instead of the weaving technique, really smart!
So friends does this get you in a green mood!? If you make any of these DIY planters please be sure to share with me!! I would love to see how they turned out. Have a Happy St. Patty’s day!