(photo via NYT)
Did you guys watch the Oscars last night?! I typically don’t watch award shows, but I honestly wanted to see how Chris Rock would handle his monologue in all the #oscarssowhite controversy –so my review of the week goes to him. I honestly don’t think there’s anyone who could’ve done a better job–he addressed the situation head on and I really respected his comedy for tackling while simultaneously ribbing a heated debate. In case you missed Rock’s monologue you can read the whole transcript here or watch it here.
Now friends, please enjoy some of the recent links that made me heart the internet.
- Have you heard of hair porosity? I hadn’t but it’s so useful to know!! Here’s a great post about hair porosity and an easy peasy test on how to tell where you hair falls!
- I love this post on “love notes“.
- This roundup of indie embroidered patches makes me want to put patches all over something!!
- Yesssss!! Free art from NY Public Library Digital Collections.
- Magical photos of waves…swwwwooooon.
- Digging this brilliant app that helps you decide on what beer or wine to drink.
- Definitely want to add jojoba oil to my beauty regiment after reading this post on all the benefits.
- Smart lessons from a 33 day wardrobe challenge.
One more thing won’t complete the perfect wardrobe.
If you’ve ever thought a certain pair of shoes, or a beautiful scarf would be the perfect addition and “complete” a look or wardrobe, it won’t. With that thought process, there will always be one more thing to buy. It never ends.
- Small things like this remind me how sweet people can be–Iran’s Walls of Kindness.
Have a beautiful week, friends.