Hello friends! Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend—mine was filled with boyfriend festivities for his birthday and lots and lots of snow…AGAIN! My gawsh take me away from winter!
Review of the Week: The Snakehead by Patrick Radden Keefe is a look behind the curtain of people smuggling specifically for the Fujianese people of China and the chase for the biggest smuggler in the Chinese community Sister Ping. I found The Snakehead to be a rare non-fiction book that totally reads like a novel. The story of the extraordinary risk people take to come to America coupled with the super intricate and complex world of smuggling made for a super compelling read. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Now dears, please enjoy some of the recent reasons why I hearted the internet.
- I always feel super pale during winter so happy to have these trick on applying bronzer to perk up skin for winter— plus ethical bronzer options!
- More reasons to try drinking water with lemon first thing in the morning! I’ve really been trying to do this!!
- Totally dying for Sophie –a 3 year old martial artist.
- Definitely downloaded a LOT of great and useful apps on this list.
- Has anyone tried this tip to stop yourself from crying?!
- Great ways to naturally reduce those puffy eyes.
- While I think there are great great strides in the TV and Film industry for women, this study by the NY Film Academy reminded we are still far far behind.
- This recipe of sweet potato fries and creamy avocado dip made my mouth water…definitely need to try!
Have a wonderful wonderful week, friends!