Well friends, I have to say I feel like I’m a super early adopter of cozy chic…like since forever! So happy it’s being embraced by the masses! There are a couple of ways you can embrace cozy chic! First let’s talk about one of my favorites(!)…the cozy oversized sweater.
The Cozy Sweater
How to Wear…
- With skinny jeans/leggings– Probably the easiest silhouette. I love the version above in all black, looks totally classic, but I also really love the opportunity an oversized sweater gives to a bold printed pant. Your sweater can diffuse a loud print, so also pair with printed legging or a funky denim.
- With circle/flouncy skirt or dress– I love the shape this combo makes. If you don’t like the bit of boxiness that comes with wearing a baggy sweater this is a great solution.
- With a maxi skirt– A maxi skirt really adds a feminine softness to this cozy cozy look.
- With boyfriend jeans– With this look a lady-ish shoe will be your friend! Whether that’s a flat shoe or a kitten heel or a super heel…keep the toe pointed or wear your fave heeled sandals with a pair of socks to keep your toes warm. The bit of skin does wonders to help the baggy on baggy look.
- With tights– If you’re a shorty, like me, the right sweater with some tights and poof a sweater dress :).
First Row (l-r): urban renewal sweatshirt -$49 // alexa pullover– $85 // so far so hood tunic – $78 // Second Row (l-r) adrianne sweater dress – $65 // oversized wool sweater – $56 // textured pullover – $89.99
The Cozy Pant
I love sweatpants so much!!! But wearing them out of the house after college will be new to me! I just bought these guys, and I’m excited to see how I can style them.
How to Wear…
EEK! I can not lie, friends! I am no expert on how to style sweatpants! I’m going to be experimenting a lot, but I know my experiments will involve pointy shoes and boots. I LOVE the outfit with the thigh high boots + sweatpants, but not really sure I’ll be able to pull it off. Happy to have the internet and the stylish ladies at these moments!
ALSO found lots of inspiration from Refinery 29’s video, “How to Wear Sweatpants Everywhere“.
Top Row (l-r): people tree sweatpant trouser – $104.75 // french terry sweatpants – $80 // krochet kids lounge pants – $49.95 // Bottom Row (l-r): della x uo jogger pants – $59.99 // offshore sweatpants– $44 // gypsy suzette track pants – $75
And just for kicks friends! Here’s me rocking some cozy chic :D.
So what do you think about cozy chic? Into it? Not so much? Would love to know any tips on wearing sweatpants if you have them!