Spring Showers

It has been gray and raining all week in NY and while I know that this is part of Spring and it will make the grass so green I still wish I could be like this girl.

Image via FFFOUND.

But in reality I need umbrellas. I am a BIG believer in good umbrellas. I started carrying quality umbrellas in college and it makes a difference. I have not had an umbrella flip on me in years!! YEARS! And that makes me happy.

There are all kinds of fantastic umbrellas but my 2 personal favorites are these guys.

1. Button Open/ Button Close

LIFE CHANGER, and I’m not kidding. When I first discovered button open/button close umbrellas I got them for everyone. It is the best not to have to fiddle with folding down the umbrella when you’re digging for your keys or trying to get your metrocard to get on the bus. All I need to do is press a button and poof(!) umbrella collapses. Brilliant!

I got my first bubble umbrella in January and I am sooooo happy with it. Yes, they are a little cumbersome to carry around if it’s not raining at the moment, but nothing beats them in the wind. I was using my bubble umbrella in this crazy storm a few weeks back; the wind was insane, the trashcans filled with upturned and broken umbrellas and my bubble was a FORT! Amazing. GET ONE!

This is my bubble.

He’s a cutie and so sturdy. Bought on sale from echo design.

Here are some fun umbrellas for your Spring showers.

(P.S-I’ve had a crush on the cloud MOMA umbrella for a million years. Had to include it!)
Stay dry friends!

1. Ashley May 20, 2011 / 10:28 am

Ohhhh that cloud umbrella! Yes!! I actually “invested” in what I thought was a super cute quality Coach umbrella a few years back only to have it flip and break on me faster than a $5 one! Since then I’ve been pretty meticulous about which umbrellas I buy and the real quality (not the brand quality), oh silly me! So naturally, I loved this list!

2. tymbre May 20, 2011 / 11:53 am

I should really take your advice, and invest in a good quality umbrella. I hate carrying them with a passion. And I am very good at losing them, also. Even the big ones I take from my mother. So I always buy the really cheap ones, and just except the fact that I will lose it by the end of the week. lol

3. FASHION TALES May 20, 2011 / 12:13 pm

I totally agree, go for good umbrellas, You may love this company, my mother loves their beautiful umbrellas, it’s the art of an umbrella(Pasotti Ombrelli). Me? I’m good with a small packable quality one! I like this post dear! xxoo

• Jamillah May 20, 2011 / 12:41 pm

AHHHHHH!!! Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for the recommendation! I also really want a rain hat so this is GREAT! Heart you like crazy Madison!

4. Bonnie May 20, 2011 / 12:52 pm

My parents recently left me behind on their totally sweet vacation and came home bearing presents that included a Coach umbrella.
    Not going to lie — LOVE this idea for a present. I always need umbrellas. I try to keep them everywhere because I hate getting stuck in the rain. Usually, I am wearing white at the time, and then it turns into an episode of “Girls Gone Wild.”
    Granted, I have a nice rack, but I really prefer to show it off on my own time.

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

5. Anika May 20, 2011 / 1:06 pm

Oh darling, I love umbrellas! I always go for the big, romantic ones, so that I feel very Austenesque fighting the sideways rain :) Love your post, love you. Kiss kiss xx

6. Aquí May 20, 2011 / 2:17 pm

Love bubble umbrellas! That is something I learned the hard way when I was in NY last summer. I had an umbrella, which kept my head dry but by the time I got home, y whole front was soaked :( I quickly made the purchase. I’m from the desert heat, I had no idea rain could be so crazy in Manhattan! Love this post :)

7. Kristin May 20, 2011 / 4:24 pm

Why don’t I have a bubble umbrella? How fun!

8. Oh to Be a Muse May 20, 2011 / 9:50 pm

oh i love the bubble umbrella that you have. it’s super cute. button umbrellas are the best.

9. Diana Mieczan May 24, 2011 / 12:23 pm

I love umbrellas and I think the cloud one is so amazing! Haver a great day, my dear